Wednesday, November 07, 2007

When God Speaks

I have been kind of frustrated the last few days. I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with our fundraising project...attempting to raise $700,000 is a ridiculously ostentatious task. But it's at times when I'm feeling the most frustrated that God often speaks into the tension with his calming presence.

I was praying and reading the Daily Office from the Northumbria Community, which I regularly do. This morning's reading included the following reflection:

For whoever believes
in the power
of the blood of Jesus,
nothing is impossible!

The Lord shall surely
perfect that thing,
that thing
which concerneth thee.

To whoever believes
in the power
of the blood
of the Crucified Lamb,
nothing shall be called impossible!

Blessed be the Lamb
that was slain before
the foundation of the world.

The Lord shall certainly perfect that thing which concerneth thee. Nothing is impossible for those who believe. God reaffirmed for me that we're on the right path, that we're following where he's leading, and that he will provide when the time is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home