Friday, January 06, 2006

Right Place at the Right Time?

You might call it a coincidence, or you might call it a divine appointment, depending on your perspective of how God works in the world around us. I wrote a few weeks ago about some of the exciting ministry opportunities we've had in some of the toughest neighborhoods in our town. Well, I think we just got another.

I was sitting at Dunn Brothers (a mostly Minnesota coffee shop chain, but WAY better than Starbucks and soon to take over the world) and at the table next to me was a meeting between the police chief and the two officers that work in the high school and middle schools. They were making plans for ramping up their community engagement with at-risk kids this summer - camps, picnics, and the like. As they finished their meeting, I went to talk with them about some of the things that we had been thinking about and found that our dreams had a lot in common. So I don't know what it looks like yet, but we are definitely going to be working together to take another step toward watching Jesus transform our community. Exciting stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home