Friday, January 20, 2006

You Be The Pastor 2

Since the last You Be The Pastor post received so much commenting attention, we're going to play again. This one didn't really happen, but I can imagine that it could and it really gets to the heart of my desire to figure out how to better be a disciple and lead others into genuine discipleship. Here we go:

A lady came to a pastor who had been emphasizing discipleship and said, "I just want to be a Christian. I don't want to be a disciple. I like my life the way it is. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and I will be with him when I die. Why do I have to be a disciple?" (question courtesy of Dallas Willard)

You be the pastor...how do you respond?

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why the hell would not want to be discipled? Scared? Are you some sort of chicken? Or do you think you are better than us? Huh?!"

That is how I would respond, and that is why I probably wouldn't be a good pastor.

More truthfully, I would say, "Why, not?" and see where that goes. If her answer is good enough, I would tell her, "You still have to give an offering, otherwise you are useless to us." Another reason why I wouldn't make a good pastor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home