Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stalling, Stalling, Stalling...

It's 10:16 PM, the kids are asleep, my wife is headed off to bed, and I'm supposed to start studying Greek...and I have no desire whatsoever. So instead I'm going to blog. This is a perfect example of how a spiritual discipline can easily turn into something else. Blogging (journaling) as a discipline has now become blogging as a stall tactic. I wonder how often my other spiritual disciplines become something that they weren't intended to be. Prayer, Bible reading, worship, fasting, and almost anything else can be wonderful spiritual experiences or a useless waste of time depending on your perspective and motivation. And since I've just undermined the legitimacy of this entire post, it's off to Greek (another useless waste of time, but that's a different post!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home