Monday, August 13, 2007

Starting Again

I have finally (mostly) completed my MDiv at Bethel Seminary. This is great but also terrifying. It's great because the last three years have been ridiculously insane with not nearly enough sleep, not nearly enough time with my family, and performing merely adequately at every area of life. It's great because I will now finally have the time and energy to reinvest in those parts of life that have not received enough attention. This summer has mostly been about reconnecting with my family. Our church gave us a month off to recuperate, so we took advantage of a number of free pastoral retreat sites around the country. I can't tell you how much I have missed being able to take life at a slower pace and simply enjoy the beauty of the earth and the simple joys of small children.

The terrifying part is that there is a long list of things that I have put on hold until after seminary. Today is day one of approaching that list with fear and trembling. The list includes a number of church-related issues, personal development issues, and even several long-neglected projects around the house. It is pretty overwhelming, but for now the excitement is still winning out.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger pmPilgrim said...

Welcome back. Glad to see this may be one of your To Do List items.

Barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home