Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hiatus

I generally hate the little apology letters that bloggers write when they have been absent for a period of time, yet I find myself writing one nonetheless. Those of you who know me know that life is often hectic (working full time and working on my master's full time), so sometimes when things get really busy, I barely have time to breathe. The last few weeks have been like that, with retreats and papers and sick kids and so on and so forth. All that to say, I'm back and will be posting regularly again. Let me offer just a few highlights:

- Church has been fantastic. Every week we have 2-3 new families and over half of them are returning and getting involved. Many of them are unchurched, which is even more exciting.

- My brother-in-law had a bad skiing accident last week and just got out of surgery last night on his back (rebuilding a vertebrae with one of his ribs...gross!). They still have to put a plate into his wrist sometime. He'll be in the hospital in Reno for the next week, so if any of you have friends or family in the area and want to visit him, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He's from Iowa so he doesn't know anyone there.

- We had a men's retreat a week or two ago and Neil Anderson was the guest speaker. It was a fantastic time of getting to know some of the guys from church at a deeper level.

- Our 3 1/2 year old threw up in the middle of the night for the first time since he was a baby (before he could remember). He's been fascinated with vomit after having seen his cousin throw up a few months ago, and he's always wanted to do it for himself. At 2:00 in the morning, he had that opportunity. The conversation went something like this:

"Daddy, my tummy hurts. blahaghgug....."

My wife rushed him to the bathroom where he managed to splatter the majority on the floor. He then made it to the toilet where he finished the job. He then said, "Mommy, I threw up. It's brown. I threw up my supper. (pause) I wasn't very fun."


That's probably enough. Thanks for reading this meaningless drabble.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corey,

This was a great story. I'm really glad I ate lunch before I read it. Yumm. I'm bored at work (what's new) and decided to google everyone on God's green earth. This popped up and I'm glad I got to see it. See you on Sunday.

Steph Simmons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home