Thursday, January 03, 2008

The New Year

One of my goals for the new year is to begin to discover some answers (or at least some relief of tension) to some of the troubling theological questions that I've been wrestling with for a while. Though I rarely approach anything systematically, I thought a bit of organizational structure to this journey might be helpful. So I have decided to focus on one area to begin with - my view of Scripture. I ordered the following books as a starting point (thank you Amazon Prime and your free 2 day shipping!!).





Any other recommendations?

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that your book choices are unwise and you should BE CAREFUL about what you read! I mean isn't N.T. Wright a Catholic??? If you want a really good read that will set you on the right track "Still Growing: An Autobiography" by Kirk Cameron will be released on April 30th. I trust that you will be encouraged and enlightened as you read about Kirk's rise from sitcom star with Alan Thicke on "Growing Pains" to Christian mega-star and evangelism expert with Ray Comfort. This book will be worth more than your whole seminary education.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Corey said...

pastorkid...
Much as I've lectured pastorboy for his disparaging comments toward others, I now lecture you. While it may be amusing to poke fun at pastorboy, I still would prefer that we keep criticisms to ideas, not people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home